Monday, May 08, 2006

Big Bang Baby

Well, I am off this week, because the plant is shut down to retool for the GMT 900, our new "got to have" pickup truck. We got two weeks off in Feb. for the same thing, and we will have one week off in November for the same thing also. GM is pouring BIIIIG money into Fort Wayne Assembly, and that's good for my wife, kids, and me that's for sure!! They are adding a plant extension also, and a completely new building directly across the street from our plant. That is in addition to all the stuff their doing inside the plant, which is why we are down, with new machines, new lines, new stuff of all kinds. I think GM is putting in 400 million or something.

A second shift guy was killed last week. He was going to work, and pulling into one of the plant entrances, (we have a bunch), and I guess he did not see oncoming traffic, and a big semi plowed right into him, or maybe it was the other way around. They closed half of the road down, there was cops, ambulances, firetrucks EVERYWHERE. I guess Angi saw it on the news. Security was directing traffic in the plant parking lots, (we have a few of those too). MAN IT WAS A MESS. I think the semi driver was hurt pretty bad too, and the guy's van (who was killed) was totally demolished, I mean, like it exploded. I knew the guy, but I wasn't friends with him or anything, I just knew his face. He was a skilled trades guy.

Life is freaking awesome right now. Me Ang, and the kiddos went out today, our first outing in several months. We went to Smokey Bones (OH MY GOD!), had some awesome freaking BBQ, and they have 12 different tv's and, you can tune them in with a speaker thingy at the tables, so I tuned in a baseball game also. Good times! Then we went to one the parks in the area, there is one right behind the highschool in our district that is right down the road from where we live. GM (Fort Wayne Assembly) paid to have it built, and it is FREAKING HUGE!!!!!! It has soccer fields, baseball fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, you get the idea. They got a big area for toddlers also. Perfect for our kiddos. They swung on the swings, played on a giant train, that has a big slide, and played in a car, they had a blast!!!!


Tomorrow:


Children's Zoo!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

HEY I THOUGHT I LEFT A COMMENT THE OTHER DAY,,,,,, GUESS NOT HUH,,, HAVE A GREAT TIME WHILE YOU ARE OFF ENJOY THEM WHILE THEY ARE STILL LITTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

love ya off to find something to NOT do.....

Wed May 10, 11:21:00 AM EDT  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

that is so great that you are loving life right now and enjoying the family!!! cherish it all. tell ang to stop by my blog!!! i can't find hers for some reason. i lost it in the move.

Wed May 10, 11:40:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lynda said...

That is sad about the guy who died. Glad things are going well for you though!

Thu May 11, 10:36:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home