Sunday, September 10, 2006

Turned Upside Down, Then Right Side Up

This past month has been freaking crazy. My mom from Ohio, who works(ed) at Delphi Dayton, has transferred to my plant here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I first hired in the plant in Dayton, OH (When it was still owned by General Motors) in November of 1997. I got my mom hired in there in March of 1999. I transferred from there to Muncie, Indiana in Febuary 2000. After that, I transferred to Fort Wayne, Indiana in April 2003. Well, my mom transferred here in August. She got here letter of notice (or whatever the hell it's called) in July, and she accepted, so before she started here in August, here and dad came out and stayed in a hotel a couple of weekends, and she ended up buying a house just south of here in Huntington, Indiana. Her closing date for her house was not until two weeks AFTER her start date here in Fort Wayne, so she stayed with us for a couple of weeks, until her house closed, and it was a very, very, very








long






two







weeks.





During that time, I finally got moved to the new job I posted for at work, one I got back in June. It was for first shift in Material Department, as opposed to where I was, which was secong shift in Final Department. So, I was on a new job on first shift for a couple of weeks, but that changed last week. I was bumped back to second shift, however, it is still in Material, because that is my department. So, now I am back on second shift again, just a differant job. The couple of weeks that I was able to spend with my kids being on first shift was so nice. I just wish it could have lasted longer.



AT LEAST MY MOM IS LIVING IN HER OWN PLACE!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger 1 plus twins said...

sorry things have been hectic. i hated when my hubby was on second shift!! this move has been the first time in 12 yrs. that he has been on steady day hours. we love it!! hope you can get that shift back.

Mon Sep 11, 11:49:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home