Friday, December 30, 2005

Holly Jolly Snotfest 2005

Well, we have all been sick for a week now, even though I have been sick for as long as I can remember. But you already knew that! What I mean is, the kind of sick where you cough till you almost throw up, snot by the gallon, in colors I never even knew existed, and yeah, it sucks. But considering this is the first time ANY of us have been sick since I had my sinus-ectomy in July, I think we are pretty lucky. It’s not like the deathbed kind of sick. It started with sissy, went to bubby, went to Ang, and then went to me, all on Thursday the 22nd. Just cough till you puke kind of sick, which I would prefer any day compared to what we had back in Feb.-ish (I think). That was when the whole family had the flu, and each and every single one of us was on our deathbed. I missed a week of work, Angi missed a week of the living, and the kiddos were just plain paffetic. They would wake up in the middle of the night screaming, and we (me) HAD to go up there to make sure they were not sitting in their own puke (it happened before), and the kids either threw up, were covered in snot growth that was attached to their whole body, had a major rhea attack, or just needed a shoulder to lay on. Either way, even in the day, we got up, changed the kids, fed them, gave them meds, gave them baabaa, and put them back up in bed, and collapsed back into our deathbeds, and that lasted for a week straight. Pure. Hell. But that was then, this is now. So, I am just saying, at least we are not that sick. BUT, I was able to get out of my parents coming out to visit us, so every silver lining has got a touch of grey. Meaning: I got out of having to deal with my rents, but the whole family had to be sick in order to do it. Well, every good thing has a sacrifice I guess.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh boo to sickness!


Hope the New Year brings some health! :)

Fri Dec 30, 08:29:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that 2 weeks ago in Tulsa. I took Sudafed (no effect) during the day, and NyQuil at night (medicine and booze, aahh). Afrin nose spray seemed to clear the congestion enough so that I could fly back home without my head exploding. Just think of all the anti-bodies you're building up for the rest of the winter! Hang in there.

Fri Dec 30, 10:43:00 AM EST  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

You poor babies!!!! Should have called,, OH wait too far freeway,, never mind you did good on your own! OH and good morning I got the full picture while drinking my coffee waking up. I am glad your feelign better BOX goes out today I'll email ya and let ya know for sure ok. Love ya guys got the card, love the pictures. THANKS!!

Fri Dec 30, 11:27:00 AM EST  
Blogger Lynda said...

Ugh. The imagary from the title alone!

I hope you and the family feel better.

Sat Dec 31, 01:35:00 AM EST  
Blogger Nonsensicallyingenius said...

Very descriptive. Hey, if you had to live through it, the least we can do is stomach through those vivid pictures. Welcome back, we're so very glad to have you here with us again.

Sat Dec 31, 04:12:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home