Thursday, February 16, 2006

Pitchers, Catchers Report !! Baseball Is Here!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!! OPENING DAY is in 44 days!!!!



Yanks pitchers, catchers report to camp (story link)


"If you don't have those kinds of dreams right now," said manager Joe Torre, "I don't know when you'd have them."





Yankees captain proud to represent the United States (story link)


"I'm not going to make any predictions. There are a lot of good teams," said Jeter, who grew up in Kalamazoo, Mich. "I'm really excited to play for my country. I think it will be fun. I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be interesting. I've never had a chance to play for my country before."
When Jeter suits up in red, white and blue, it's going to be a change for the shortstop, who has spent his entire big-league career in pinstripes.
"I haven't worn another uniform since high school," Jeter said. "Even in the Minor Leagues, you're still representing the Yankees, so it's going to be kind of awkward [wearing a different uniform]."





Torre eyes makeup of Yankees' rotation (story link)

Torre held his pre-camp coaches meeting, which lasted more than four hours. Torre's staff features five new coaches, including Guidry, bench coach Lee Mazzilli, first-base coach Tony Pena, third-base coach Larry Bowa and bullpen coach Joe Kerrigan.






Healthy Griffey reports to camp early (story link)


I'm always ready," he said. "Mentally, I've been ready for Spring Training since the end of last season."

3 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

WWOO HHHOOO stoppign by Matt,, miss ya and love ya,,,,, mom

Thu Feb 16, 10:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger Deb said...

Question is.........how do you feel about Johnny Damon coming to play for the Yanks?

Fri Feb 17, 02:35:00 PM EST  
Blogger Walking Contradiction said...

Oh man, I hate that guy! BUT then again, I suppose it is no differant from when the Yanks got Clemens back in the day. And Boggs.

Fri Feb 17, 09:52:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home