Monday, October 03, 2005

Hurry Hurry Hurry Before I Go Insane

I can’t stand them. I HATE THEM! MONDAY. There is NOTHING like thinking about the rest of the work week to get through before a nice break and some time with the kiddos. We have to work this Saturday, (insert grunt,growl here…) BUUUUUUUUUT… I did have last Sat. (10.1.2005) off, so that was really nice. The past few days have been rather uneventful, but on Thursday, I was lucky enough to have a fun and ever exciting experience of visiting the dentist (AKA TORTURE CHAMBER).

There is nothing quite like the anxiety attack one receives before we “begin”. Sitting in the “chair”, awaiting execution, but fortunately for me, instead of the elevator music (AKA Kenny G) playing, they had a radio station of some sort that played 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s rock. Okay, I was kind of surprised, but I was GLAD AS HELL, to have something keeping my mind talking my body into running for safety (getting the hell out of there). As we began, and he was putting the needle in my gum (ouchie!), and I was sitting there waiting for the numbness to ensue, the dentist and nurse lady left, so I just sat there thinking (get it over with, get it over with)…. WELL anyway, all of this GREAT music was playing, some I have not heard in a few years, and all of a sudden they came back in, and “started in”. He made sure it was numb by putting some type of 10th century torture device in my mouth and poking the “affected area”. Nice and numb now, if only they could knock me out, would I be especially pleased. WELL anyway….. the poking and scraping begins, and then the REALLY FUN PART………. The DRILLING!!! OH JOY! The noise is worse than the act, unless the numbness is not quite the level it should be. Even when you get some numbness, and feel just a teeny weenie bit of the drill, all I can say is:


YYYYYYEEEEEEOOOOOO-
UUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHH!!!!!!


So as per instructions given to me, I raised my hand and tapped the nurse lady so the interrogator, (OOPS, I mean the dentist), would stop, they ask if I can feel it, I nodded and mumbled something uncomprehend-able, and they stopped, took everything out, cleaned up some spittle and blood and whatever, and gave me another shot, lucky for me, I was numb enough to not feel that needle. We waited a few more minutes and the oddest thing happened. THIS IS UNREAL. It blew my mind. I laughed when I first heard it, and the numbness pretty much over took the bottom of my face. This is what I heard from the WONDERFUL! ceiling:



Twenty - twenty - twenty four hours to go

I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do
Nowhere to go
Oh I wanna be sedated

Just get me to the airport

And put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain
Oh no no no no no



(or something like that)…. I was floored! How could the timing be more perfect?! I felt way better, with some great music playing, it did not seem so bad, (well, it still sucked BIG time!). But I CAN SAY, it is hard NOT to be in a good mood when your ears are filled with:

Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated

Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated






So even though I still have a blister on my mouth from all the “fun”, and my gum is still sore from the nice Mr. Needle(s), (I’ll take one in my arm instead ANY DAY!), it went not too bad at all. I get to back 4 times in the next few weeks (OH JOY!), but I know what song will be in my head then. By the way, TAKE CARE OF YOUR TEETH! (For the love of all things holy, brush, brush, floss......)





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's why i have invented Middle Finger Mondays....

Mon Oct 03, 10:09:00 AM EST  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Well there ya are,,, I hate that guy, that would be the reason why my top teeth are not mine,, well they are mine,, I payed for them,, well I mean you could borrow them if ya wanted to. Yeah I know too much info. But instill brushing and flossing in your babies. Good to hear from ya, OH and by the way,,, take a head set in with ya next time. Blast your own music as loud as ya want. Have a good as you can week.

Mon Oct 03, 04:03:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ramones! They make everything better, don't they?

Fri Oct 07, 10:44:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home