Monday, November 21, 2005

The Most Nervous Moment In My Life......





The kiddos were just born a few hours earlier. Angi was still recuperating from the C-section. I was scared as shit. Am I prepared for this? YES. Everything is set. Car seats? Check! Bassinet? Check! Mental stability? Aaaawwwww SHIT!

Here are their VERY FIRST pictures ever taken.


WILLIAM MATTHEW JAMES BAKER
BORN ON: 1/02/2004
TIME: 3:18 P.M.
WEIGHT: 3 pounds, 13 oz.
LENGTH: 16. 5 inches


Exactly 6 hours and 5 minutes after he was born:


http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/goyankees2006/DSC00060.jpg





ANGELINA KAYDENE BAKER
BORN ON: 1/02/2004
TIME: 3:21 P.M.
WEIGHT: 4 pounds, 4 . 5 oz.
LENGTH: 18 inches


Exactly 6 hours and 7 minutes after she was born:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/goyankees2006/DSC00068.jpg



Wedding? PIECE OF CAKE! Funerals? A STROLL IN THE PARK! Beatings? BRING IT ON! Screaming? LOVE IT! Divorce talk? A BLAST!

All compared to what I was feeling as the doctor was ELBOW (literally) deep into Angi, my wife of (presently) almost 6 years, trying to get Angelina out of her (home), as the team of nurses are working on William, new to the world, she was a bit more of a complication. The Doctor struggled (his words), to get her out. She was squished (literally) against the placenta, and 3 excruciatingly looooong minutes later, she came out, with anther team working on her. When I finally got to see them (after they came out, I saw them for about one half of a minute at most, and Angi did not see them AT ALL), I got an up close view, when I first took these pictures. I took a few of him, visited him for a minute (NOT because he was the boy, but because he was first, IF only by 3 minutes), and took a few of her, visited with her, and went back and forth for a bit. Angi, did not get to see them until the next day at 5:30 p.m..



7 Comments:

Blogger Walking Contradiction said...

I would rather be busted by the cops again, OR ANYTHING, for that matter, than feel what I was feeling at the moment when I saw a Doctor elbow deep into my wife's abdomen, tugging like hell on the child yet to be born, known later as PISSY SISSY.

Mon Nov 21, 06:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

UUUMMMM has miss pissy sissy done something to upset the daddy? or are you just remembering the helplessness you felt, at that point. Poor Angi, it sucks not to be able to see your babies after caring, and carrying, them for so long. It's Monday how ya doing????

Mon Nov 21, 09:57:00 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

the phrase "elbow deep" just gooed me out so bad...

I know, the miracle of birth and all... but oh god...

(beautiful babies!)

Mon Nov 21, 01:28:00 PM EST  
Blogger Walking Contradiction said...

*-MOM- No, she did not do anything, I was reading some of your past posts, and I started to remember the helplessness, the complete and utter useless, helpless, just plain, "GOD, it is in YOUR hands"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 05:14:00 AM EST  
Blogger Walking Contradiction said...

*-MOM AGAIN-I am tired, I worked 12 and a half hours Monday night!!!


THANKS FOR ASKING!

KEEP NOT SMOKING!!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 05:16:00 AM EST  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

WOW I didn't know I had some of those posts in there. Maybe I should go back and read too huh.

LOVE YA MATT Thanks for the boost! Kim is now quit now too.

Tue Nov 22, 10:16:00 AM EST  
Blogger Kiki said...

I think that's sweet.

Tue Nov 22, 05:29:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home