Tuesday, October 25, 2005

If your name rhymes with "LAWN" and starts with a D.....

Okay, here's the thing. I don't "know" you personally. I just read your blog, and your mom's, and your sister's. My wife calls me a “blogwhore”. Whatever. With that being said, before I start here, I am thinking of a good quote in a movie called "Can't Hardly Wait" (1998) that says: "A true friend will stab you in the front." What I take from that is this…..


In life you are going to gat stabbed more times than you can count. The most lethal ones are those that come in the back. Like if you get robbed. Or you get ACTUALLY stabbed. Or if your “significant other” cheats on you. You get the idea. (hopefully) Basically a painful thing that you don’t see coming, and the person that committed the said vile act had no intentions or regards to your feelings in any way, shape, or form.


AND THEN…… there are the ones that stab you in the front. They are the ones that have regard for your feelings, your heart, your WELL BEING. They will say something that, even though it may hurt really badly, they are well intentioned, because they give a shit about you. Like in my instance, everyone I know in my family, and my wife, have told me “you need too loose weight”. Like that didn’t piss me the fuck off?! Hell yeah! I still get pissed. Deep down, I know they say it because they give a shit about me, and don’t want me to die at age 35 because of eating junk food. (mmmmm……..junk food) If they did not care, they wouldn’t say anything at all, just, “whatever, it’s his life, not mine”. Well, that last comment is just BULLSHIT. I don’t want to here about how fat I am. But not hearing it does not help me, either. Maybe if I hear it enough, I will get off my fat fucking piece of worthless shit ass and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Maybe. I am working on that. MY LIFE is a constant work in progress. It is up to me REGARDLESS of what ANYONE says. Even though I know this, NOBODY likes to hear someone else tell them something they DO NOT want to hear.


Maybe someone that drinks every single night they get a chance too. Maybe someone that buys beer instead of paying off past debts. Maybe someone who lives with their parents at the age of 20+, who still parties every weekend. Maybe someone VERY hot looking, an awesome personality, who has a lot to offer the opposite sex. Maybe someone who has a hard time saving money ( and who doesn’t???), so they spend extra time hanging out in a bar or whatever, instead of the piece and quiet and FREEDOM of their OWN place (apartment, house, whatever)



PLEASE do not get me wrong here. I am 27 years old, and have made so many fuckups in my life. I used to drink, do drugs, and even after I chose to clean up my act, I still make stupid fuckups. Like, screw girls other than the girlfriend I had at the time. Like, write an ex-love a letter, and say all these things about love, and feelings, EVEN THOUGH I was married (November 2003 incident). Like, I would buy a baseball thing (card for example) KNOWING that I could not afford it. I have bought shit on eBay, and would skip out on bills. MY LIFE IS A CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS.


My point is, I have/had a shit load of problems in my life. To stop drinking and doing drugs, I came to a point in my life where I had to make some decisions. The “status quo” was NOT going to cut it. I eventually had to disassociate myself with some of my best friends, because they were choosing to live a lifestyle that I did not want to anymore. I did not want to be “fucked the fuck up” all the time. They did. Even though I still wanted to still hang out and have a good time with them, I had to grow up. I had my fun. They never stopped. So, I had to choose what was important to me, which was being sober, earning a living, having my own place. Before you know it, I am here. I have been married since 3-25-2000, have two kids, been with GM since 1997, a job that even though I don’t like it too much, the benefits where too much too pass up. I don’t get “fucked the fuck up” and I am happier now than I have ever been in my life.


My point is (redundant, I know), if you don’t straighten your shit out, I am going to send your older sister a check. She will then beat your ass. I know, you are thinking “she would never do that, she is my sister”. Well, as ACDC once said:

“MONEY TALKS”.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

Can I copy this and send it to some people?? I know so many who don't pay any attention to what they are doing with their lives. Anyway, well said.

Tue Oct 25, 10:32:00 AM EST  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

I LOVE YOU MATT, that took a lot out of you I know. now pass the kleenex will ya.
love ya mom

Tue Oct 25, 11:07:00 AM EST  
Blogger Walking Contradiction said...

*kiki-- yeah, that is cool with me, thanks for asking. Thanks for the compliment!


*mom-- YOU HAVE NO IDEA!! (well you do actually), I started writing it in her comments on her post, then I stopped, thinking, this is going to be long, and I did not want to embaress anyone by making it too personal. I finished it on microsoft word, made it a draft on Blogger, and just read and stared trying to figure out what to do with it. I wanted to email it to you and just leave it be, but I took a little bit of thinking for a while, took a deep breathe, and hit Publish.


*Amy-- ENJOY YOUR HORSE HOOF!!!!
(I mean, McDonald's)
And thanks for being cool with me, you definatly did not have to be, and I was suprised you did not cuss me out. Thanks for all the compliments! YOU made my day!!!


*Valerie-- HOLLA!!!!!

Wed Oct 26, 10:00:00 AM EST  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

I AM PROUD!

Wed Oct 26, 10:36:00 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

wowza. So true. I need to share this entry.

Fri Oct 28, 11:31:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you will be able to add more stuff on this blog! I love the info you place here, cause it is very good and well
written... Outlet

Mon Mar 27, 02:19:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home