Saturday, October 22, 2005

Then again....

Well this week has been… ummmmm.. interesting….. It started off “normal”, if there is such a thing, and then there was Tuesday. Right before our lunch time at work, at around 9:30 p.m. (check local time zones), I was at my work station working, (us union members actually DO work, as much as some people would like to think otherwise), anyways……. back to Tuesday night….. I was working, and I suddenly felt real dizzy and light-headed. The next thing I know, my co-worker at the station next to me, was in my face waking me up. I was on the floor. I am thinking “what the hell?!”……and so I woke up and was really dizzy, and it felt like someone was sitting on my chest. So the co-worker guy yelled for the T.C. (team coordinator, or job setter), and he gets on the radio, yells to the foreman. He comes over, calls security for the in-plant ambulance, They come in like a few minutes (they were there like NOW), and they give me some oxygen, and then lift me up and get me loaded into the ambulance. I get rushed into the medical dept. (the in-plant ambulance actually has sirens and lights, which in hindsight, can be embarrassing), and the Med. Dept. takes over. They give me an IV, 2 aspirins, and oxygen. They are asking me a hundred and fifty questions, and there are a lot of people around. I saw the union committeeman in the back ground somewhere, and then they let me know an (actual) ambulance is on it’s way from the hospital. Well, before long they show up, and they throw me on the stretcher and hook me up to their shit, and take me off of the Med. Dept’s shit. In the ambulance I go, they make sure I’m ready to go, and the driver takes off, and the guy in back hooks me up (literally). He gives me a nitro pill, (all I can say is,, it is “unique”), and the oxygen of course, and everything is stable. My chest still is hurting, so a few minutes, (or is it hours), so he gives me another nitro pill, (again.. interesting to say the least), and I start feeling back together again, just dizzy as hell. I get at the hospital and they put me in their room. The nurses take over, and hook me up to all kinds of shit, and I get another I.V. into my other arm.


So, just to keep up here, I have an I.V. in one arm, an I.V. in another arm, where they are taking blood out, and doing blood pressure, and pulse, and etc. etc…… and I got a EKG on my chest, and oxygen on my face. They see I am not having a heart attack, and they remove the oxygen, and let me hang out for a while, while they are checking my blood for stuff, (for what, is beyond me), and the doc. tells me the nurses will take me for a CT scan on my chest. By the way……. that stuff they put in your I.V. right before they do the CT scan makes you feel really, really, hot, and like your about to piss yourself. So they do that, and take me back to my “room”, I think it said it was trauma room 5, when they were rolling me back in it. I hang out, the nice nurse lady’s do their thing, and I just hang out. The doctor comes back after a while, and I luckily show no signs of a blood clot or a heart attack. So that has me pretty syked. (or is it psyched….whatever), and they are sending me home to see my doctor tomorrow. So I get home at about 1 a.m..


Okay, next day. (Wednesday) I call the doctors office, and after a few calls, I finally get it at about noon. They do a EKG treadmill test, which I passed with flying colors. Long story short, he puts me off of work until Monday, was nice enough to update my medicine prescriptions, (prozac, prevacid), and ship me on out. I am supposed to get a another blood test, but I forgot to go in. I will see if they are open today, and if not, I will go in Monday morning.


So, in despite of what my wife thinks, (as usual, I am full of shit, just ask her) this experience kind of scared me. The doctor said I was out of shape, which I already knew, and I am overweight, which I already knew. So, maybe I should go on a diet, fix my bicycle, exercise, and get back into shape. But to quote my favorite author when I was a kid, (around 10),
Judy Blume, :


“Then Again, Maybe I Won’t”.

6 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

UUUMMMMMM then again,,MAYBE YOU BETTER, as said by the mother who is so far away she can not hear you yell at her. This is not something to mess with, so when are they gunn know what the hell it all was? I have had my mother in the trama room 5 it is not a good place to be OK!

Sat Oct 22, 09:40:00 AM EST  
Blogger Walking Contradiction said...

Thanks Mom!

Sat Oct 22, 01:55:00 PM EST  
Blogger Walking Contradiction said...

Ummmm..... sort of.

Sat Oct 22, 02:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

matt you need to go read my new post, hope it isn't too much for ya. if so sorry i am in a funk

Mon Oct 24, 03:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

today is monday :)

Mon Oct 24, 11:26:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man. Way to liven up your day. Listen to your body, it's trying to tell you something.

Tue Oct 25, 12:12:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home